By The Numbers
At the UIC College of Pharmacy we are one college, on two campuses where you can unlock unlimited opportunities! But those aren't the only numbers you should be familiar with. The College is exceptional in myriad ways. We've outlined a few of those below.
Top Ranked College of Pharmacy Heading link
The UIC College of Pharmacy is:
- the #1 College of Pharmacy in Illinois, according to US News & World Report.
- #7 in the Nation, according to US News & World Report.
- #7 in total research grant funding, according to the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP).
These rankings mean that the College attracts world-class teaching and research faculty who are training the next generation of pharmacy leaders.
Great Outcomes Heading link
Rankings are a helpful metric, but a program’s educational outcomes and long-term professional benefits are most important to students. Our graduates:
- Achieved an on-time graduation rate of 97% (Class of 2023)
- Top 5 in the Nation for total graduates matching into PGY1 and PGY2 residencies combined (Class of 2023)
- Earned a pass rate of 71.0% for first-time test takers of the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX). (Class of 2022)
Results like these ensure UIC pharmacists are more successful and prepared to take the next step in their careers.
Exceptional Students Heading link
The UIC College of Pharmacy is a vibrant, exciting place because of our students. They come from all over the country and every part of the world to become leaders in Pharmacy.
Some quick facts about our Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) students:
- 31% are first-generation college students
- 23% are from underrepresented minority (URM) groups
- 45% are multilingual, with native speakers of 44 different languages
- 69% are in-state (Illinois resident) students
Our students are also committed to service: the student body spends over 6,000 hours each year providing services to the local community.
Our students are also known for their high placement rate – about 1/3 of each graduating class – into PGY1 residencies and fellowships.
Student Experience Heading link
The student experience at the UIC College of Pharmacy is truly unique. We have:
- two campuses, allowing students to find the environment that suits them best.
- 30+ student organizations helping to build communications and leadership abilities.
- a diverse and inclusive environment: the college is a 6 time winner of Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award.
The diversity of backgrounds, people and ideas at UIC prepares students to participate and lead in an increasingly multicultural work environment.
Advanced Practice Heading link
The UIC College of Pharmacy has a 160-year history of advancing the practice of pharmacy. With the largest and most comprehensive clinical pharmacy programs in the Nation, it provides student experience not available elsewhere.
The UIC College of Pharmacy’s program:
- features seven college-run pharmacies, more than any other college of pharmacy in the Nation.
- has over 1,000 experiential (IPPE and APPE) sites in Chicago, Rockford and beyond, including 15 US states, India, Malta, and Thailand.
- is part of an interprofessional health enterprise that includes UIC’s seven health sciences colleges and hospital system.
The clinical and practice experience that students gain at UIC enables them to pursue many different career options.
Extensive Alumni Network Heading link
The UIC College of Pharmacy has been graduating top tier pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists since 1859, and currently boasts a living alumni base of over 10,000 pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists, residents, fellows, and post-doctoral trainees. That includes alumni:
- in all 50 states.
- in 30 countries on 6 continents.
- in leadership positions in all major pharmacy, health care, and pharmaceutical companies.
This gives graduates access to an unparalleled network of alumni to connect with in all facets of pharmacy.
Read about some of our successful alumni below.