Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
About The Department
The Department of Pharmacy Practice is an academic department within the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy (Chicago and Rockford Campuses). The department is also a service unit that provides pharmacy services within the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System and affiliated sites. Among the most comprehensive units of its type in the United States, the Department is composed of faculty and staff who are teachers, scholars and/or practitioners.
To serve the public, the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy, the University of Illinois Hospital and Clinics and affiliated sites through the provision of advanced pharmacy services, integrated with innovative and evolving pharmacy education, research and entrepreneurship.
To be a global leader in the profession of pharmacy through excellence in research, entrepreneurship, service and educational and training programs, preparing pharmacists to provide comprehensive medication management across all healthcare settings.
CORE VALUES/GUIDING PRINCIPLES
In order for the department to be successful, we believe:
- Patients are best served when pharmacists collaborate with members of the healthcare team to provide comprehensive medication management
- Students and trainees are engaged in the profession when research, education and entrepreneurship are integrated with service
- Faculty excel when they have a significant role and are recognized and supported
- Change in the profession is driven by creating pharmacy leaders
- As a public institution, we have a commitment to disseminate knowledge