Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Drug Information Group
Welcome to the UIC Drug Information Group - a fee-for-service business unit within the UIC College of Pharmacy.
Please note. As of July 2015, the UIC Drug Information Group closed its community drug information line due to a substantial reduction in calls. If you have a drug information question, please call your local community pharmacy.
The Drug Information Group (DIG) is a fee-for-service business unit within the UIC College of Pharmacy. Historically, the DIG provided traditional, internal drug information services such as a bimonthly newsletter, P&T support, and responses to requests from providers and patients in the Chicagoland community. However, the practice model changed in 1997 when the unit was required to become self-supporting and eventually revenue generating for the College of Pharmacy. Through professional networking, the DIG signed its first major client (Cardinal Health) in 1998. This long-term contract provided drug information services for approximately 450 hospital pharmacies with an extensive call volume. This contract allowed the DIG to expand from 3 to 5 drug information specialists, and it also necessitated the provision of extended service hours (7 AM to 8 PM CST during weekdays and 10 AM to 2 PM CST on Saturdays) to meet the needs of hundreds of pharmacies nationwide. The DIG continues with these expanded hours to this day with a staff of 10 specially trained drug information faculty.
VARIED CLIENTS, VARIED SERVICES
Today, the DIG has a varied client listing including Cardinal Health, MedAssets, Baxter, Astellas Pharma, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Chicago State University College of Pharmacy, Postgraduate Healthcare Education, Scripps Health, Abelson Taylor, PharMEDium, and the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, among others. To address the needs of these clients, the DIG offers a wide array of services including:
- Responses to individual drug information requests submitted via a toll-free phone number or email
- Single drug, drug class, and disease state formulary reviews
- Consultative services for P&T committees
- Disease-specific treatment algorithms and step-care documents
- Continuing education programs for healthcare professionals offered in a variety of formats (ie, written, live, webinars)
- Drug information slide kits
- Database development
- Writing projects including dossiers, standard response letters, global core response documents, manuscripts, newsletters, and posters
- Documents in patient-specific language
- Training programs for sales representatives and medical science liaisons
- Advisory board and consensus conference development
- Drug information and literature evaluation courses
If you would like more information regarding business development and potential partnerships, contact:
Mary Lynn Moody, BSPharm
Director, Business Development
Clinical Associate Professor
College of Pharmacy (MC 886)
University of Illinois at Chicago
833 South Wood Street
Chicago, Illinois 60612-7231
Phone: (312) 996-2351
Fax: (312) 996-0448
Like the UIC Drug Information Group on Facebook
We look forward to hearing from you!