Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Sustaining healthy communities and improving public health requires engaging students, faculty, organizations, and institutions in collaborations with those communities. UIC College of Pharmacy faculty and students are actively engaged in both urban and rural communities.
Our community engagement and mobilization has included outreach programs addressing diabetes, hypertension, obesity, smoking cessation, cancer, heart disease, geriatric health, and health literacy. We wish to acknowledge the efforts of our faculty and students who are dedicated to expanding access to quality care, preventing diseases, and achieving health equity for all.
May 2017: Diabetes Center presentation at Chinese American Service League
- Provided diabetes presentation and print materials in Mandarin and Cantonese
- Provided diabetes screening and counseling services to 69 seniors
- Featured in NySingtao newspaper!
April 2017: Día del Niño Health Walk and Family Festival
- Over 1,000 individuals walked 2.1 miles from the National Museum of Mexican Art to the UIC Pavilion!
- Over 2,400 individuals attended the Festival at the UIC Pavilion
- Provided free health screenings and immunizations
Annual Community Engagement Reports
Recent photos from community engagement/professional programs
UIC Pharmacy Students & Faculty: Please tell us about your latest community engagement efforts!