Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Options are available Online, as a Group Workshop, or One-On-One
One on One Consultation
Personalized help or training on a specific educational technology application or Blackboard?
Meet with our Instructional Designer Karin Riggs to review any of the topics listed below.
Contact the TALK Center: email@example.com
- Blackboard overview: getting your Bb course ready, adding a Blackboard quiz or survey, and how to be Fair-Use Compliant.
- ECHO360 overview: how to link your ECHO lectures to your Blackboard course and self record mini ECHO lectures.
- Blackboard Tips & Tricks: using the grade center, creating pools of questions for tests, best practices for using The Performance Dashboard
- Lead or request a faculty development event by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Investigators interested in receiving comments and suggestions before submitting their grant proposals for external review are invited to schedule a Specific Aims meeting. These meetings are held around the lunch time and consist of presentation of the specific aims to a group of faculty members from all departments. Investigators should prepare a specific aims page for distribution one day before the meeting. Presenters are encouraged to invite their external collaborators, if appropriate. To schedule a meeting, contact Lindsey McQuade.
Coursera Online Workshops
Instructional Methods in Professions Education (created by University of Michigan, begins 2/19/2018) This course provides those involved in educating members of the health professions an asynchronous, interdisciplinary, and interactive way to obtain, expand, and improve their teaching skills. These skills can then be applied within their own professional context, with a variety of learners, extending across many stages. Taught by: Caren Stalburg, MD, MA, Associate Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Associate Professor of Learning Health Sciences, U-M Medical School. Click to go to the site, click the Enroll link at bottom of page and Select "Full Course, No Certificate" for the free option.
Teaching and Assessing Clinical Skills (created by University of Michigan, begins 2/19/2018) The purpose of this course is to improve feedback, clinical teaching, and assessment of clinical skills. This is an interactive online self-study activity focused on key elements of teaching and assessing clinical skills developed by Sally Santen, M.D./Ph.D., Assistant Dean for Educational Research and Quality Improvement, and Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine and Medical Education, U-M Medical School. Click to go to the site
Podium and Classroom Technology Training:
Schedule a training with Chicago or Rockford ITU to learn, or review, how to use the podium and classroom technology located in the UIC College of Pharmacy learning spaces. To set up a training session in Chicago, e-mail email@example.com; in Rockford, e-mail RXITU@uic.edu.
Earn Continuing Education (CE) Units
Visit the UIC College of Pharmacy CE Website to view a list of online and live continuing education opportunities.