PSCI Admissions Requirements
Call to Action
Additional Department Specific Requirements
In addition to the Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants to the Pharmaceutical Sciences (PSCI) program must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field: Pharmacy, chemistry, biological sciences, or a related biomedical science area
- Grade Point Average: At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of undergraduate study
- Tests required: Starting in July 2020, the GRE general and subject exams are NOT required
- Minimum English Competency Test Score:
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based); 60 with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (New Paper-Based—after August 2018); 550 (Institutional Testing Paper-Based—prior to August 2018), OR
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56
- CV/Resume: Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Three required from individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s training ability, character, and potential for successful completion of the program.
- Personal Statement: Applicants are encouraged to state their specific interest in the program.