Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
The Rural Pharmacy Education (RPHARM) Program offers many unique benefits.
Work and learn with medical students for 4 years
- Same classes
- Same assignments
Become accustomed to working with other healthcare professionals.
Provides a network of peers and future colleagues that have similar life experiences.
- All students in the program understand the advantages and disadvantages of growing up and living in a small community.
Rural coursework makes up 6 of the 12 required elective credit hours.
Complete half of the 4th year rotations in the same rural community.
Rotation sites are available throughout the state.
Graduate with a PharmD and a concentration in rural pharmacy services
By the time you graduate, you will have:
- Evaluated the health needs of a rural community
- Created a research project
- Experienced the institutional review board (IRB) process
- Completed a research project, including data collection
- Presented your research project at Rockford Research Day