Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
College of Pharmacy Image Competition
2018 Image Competition
The Office of the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education is pleased to announce 8th College of Pharmacy (COP) “Images of Research” competition. The purpose of the competition is to assemble a portfolio of the most innovative and creative images to convey the range of research taking place in COP. These images will be used to promote, advance and represent our College both in printed and digital media.
This competition offers COP trainees the opportunity to submit digital images created over the course of their research and is open to any student enrolled in one of the COP programs or postdoc currently working in the College. Between September 7 and October 12, 2018, students and postdocs are invited to submit up to two images in each of the 2 categories:
- Images of Research. Technical images generated in the course of the research or to illustrate a research topic. Two entries/person allowed.
- Images of Scientists at Work. Creative images demonstrating how the research is done. Two entries/person allowed.
After the submission period ends, everyone in the College will be able to review the submissions and vote for the best image. Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries, regardless of a category, in the form of Amazon gift cards.
- 1st Prize: $150 Amazon gift card
- 2nd Prize: $100 Amazon gift card
- 3rd Prize: $50 Amazon gift card
In addition, if we receive enough entries in the Images of Scientists at Work category (minimum of 20), we will award a separate additional $100 Amazon gift card to the top entry within Images of Scientists at Work category.
An exhibit of the winning images will be on display on the COP web site, and each image entered will be featured in our "Image of the week" news feature on Facebook.
All entries will become property of the College and remain in a College of Pharmacy database. They will be used to promote the College and research going on in the College in both printed and digital media.
- Only two entries per person in each of the two categories. To be entered into competition, you do not need to submit 4 images; one is sufficient and 4 is the maximum.
- Submission must be an image that was generated as part of the trainee’s research in COP.
- Entrant(s) must be principal creator(s) of image. Collaborative submissions are allowed.
- Upload your image in either of the following formats: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png. Maximum size is 2 MB.
- Provide brief description of each image and/or how it was created. Maximum 150 words.
- For any questions about the competition and technical issues with submission, or if you do not receive e-mail confirmation within 3 days of your submission, please contact email@example.com.
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that any relevant permission has been sought, that no copyright has been infringed, and that any necessary release forms have been signed.
SUBMIT YOUR IMAGE here by 10/12/2018.