Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Gain new skills and experience a prospective career path by interning in a pharmaceutical company.
Many senior graduate students explore potential career paths in a pharmaceutical or biotech company by arranging summer internships. Returning interns share their experience with other graduate students in a roundtable discussion scheduled in early fall. You can download a list of companies that offer internships. This list was put together by graduate students researching internships and is a work in progress. Below is the list of the companies where our students frequently intern.
Pfizer Essential Health R & D Professional Development Program
Pfizer Essential Health (PEH) is a leader in non-viral anti-infectives, biosimilars and sterile injectable medicines. The Company has a site in Lake Forest, Illinois, which was formerly Hospira, a leading provider of global sterile injectables. This merger resulted in a company that now encompasses one of the broadest and most diverse portfolios of important, difficult-to-manufacture and life-saving sterile injectable medicines in the industry..
PEH is Now Accepting Applications to R&D PDP Program.
Deadline: August 22, 2018
To apply, go here (Job ID: 4713234)
If you have any quetsions e-mail RandDPDP@pfizer.com and include "UIC" in the Subject of the e-mail.
Pfizer Essential Health Research and Development Professional Development Program Presentation and Interviews on September 11, 2018.
Pfizer staff will be in the UIC College of Pharmacy to present their program to graduate students and postdocs. Presentation will be in MBRB Auditorium, Tme TBD, followed by Q&A session.
Interviews: Pre-selected applicants will be invited for panel interviews on September 11.
Pfizer Essential Health Research and Development (R&D) Professional Development Program (PDP)
The Pfizer Essential Heatlh (PEH) Research and Development (R&D) Professional Development Program (PDP) is a graduate level program designed to provide accelerated training in the Pharmaceutical Research and Development (R&D) field. The two year rotation program which leads to a full-time position within the organization offers real world, hands-on experience in important roles and projects to the company while promoting personal and professional growth for the participants.
As a member of the PDP you will:
- Deliver on key goals and objectives for the company and contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Rotate through four demanding and diverse assignments in different disciplines within the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Develop and enhance your communication skills supervising others, participating in meetings, and providing presentations to other Pfizer personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Gain experience working with cross-functional disciplines including Regulatory, Program Management, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality.
- Be assigned a mentor to provide guidance and oversight of your development in the program.
- Obtain training to support your professional growth and development.
- Have full time employee status with Pfizer, and qualify for the same competitive salary and benefits as other Pfizer employees.
- Potentially be required to relocate to various Pfizer manufacturing sites throughout the world as part of a rotation.
Core rotations: Early stage development, Generic Product Development, Life Cycle Management.
Options for additional assignments: Existing portfolio expansion to emerging markets, Program Management, Contract Manufacturing, and Microbiology.
- Graduate degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, biomedical/chemical engineering, or an equivalent discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated leadership ability
- Relevant research, work experiences, or internships
- Passion for learning and pursuing a career in the health care industry.
- Academic achievement as demonstrated by research publications, presentations, or equivalent.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
Contact for more information:
For more information, e-mail RandDPDP@pfizer.com and include "UIC" in the Subject of the e-mail.