Your browser is unsupported
We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Laura Emily Meyer-Junco
Clinical Pharmacist, Regional Pharmacy Program: Rockford
Clinical Assistant Professor, Pharmacy Practice
Phone: (815) 395-2145
- PGY2 Geriatric Pharmacy Residency, Durham VA Medical Center/ Duke Center for Aging, Durham, NC, 2012
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, 2011
- PharmD, Summa cum laude, Doctor of Pharmacy, Purdue University, Lafayette, IN, 2010
- BA, Summa cum laude, Biology/Pre-Pharmacy/Pre-Medicine, Augustana College, Rock Island, IL, 2006
Palliative Care/Hospice, Geriatrics, Pain Management, Internal Medicine, Geriatric Neurology and Psychiatry
2016-Present: Clinical Pharmacist, Inpatient and Outpatient Palliative Care/Hospice and Geriatrics, Mercy Health System Rockford, IL and Janesville, WI; 2015-Present: Hospice Consultant Pharmacist, Hospice Care of America, Rockford, IL; 2015-2016: Clinical Pharmacist, Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Centegra Hospital, McHenry, IL; 2012-2014: Clinical Pharmacist, Palliative Care, Geriatrics, SwedishAmerican Hospital, Rockford, IL
- Society of Palliative Care Pharmacists
- Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists (ICHP)
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM)
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- American Society of Pain Educators (ASPE)
Licenses and Certifications
- American Pharmacists Association, Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Certificate, 2016
- American Pharmacists Association, Pharmacy‐Based Immunization Certificate, 2016
- American Society of Pain Educators (ASPE), Certified Pain Educator (CPE), 2015
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS), Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS), 2011
- American Heart Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), 2010
Awards and Honors
- 2018, Faculty Preceptor of the Year, Rockford campus
- 2014, Faculty Preceptor of the Year, Rockford campus
- Meyer-Junco L. "The role of atypical bacteria in hospitalized patients with nursing home-acquired pneumonia". Hospital Pharmacy. 2016;51(9):768-777.
- Meyer-Junco LE. "Aripiprazole for the treatment of depression in palliative care". Journal of Palliative Medicine. 2015;18(4):316.
- Meyer-Junco LE. "Empathy and the new practitioner". Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2015;72(23):2042-2058.
- Meyer LE, Brown JN. "Tamsulosin for voiding dysfunction in women". Int Urol Nephrol. 2012;44(6):1649-1656.