The Master of Science in Comparative Effectiveness Research is 100% online which makes it ideal for individuals already working in a pharmaceutical or medical product company, government agency, or in a health care provider organization.
Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) is the “conduct and synthesis of research comparing the benefits and harms of different interventions and strategies to prevent, diagnose, treat and monitor health conditions in real-world settings. The purpose of CER is to improve health outcomes by developing and disseminating evidence-based information to patients, clinicians, and other decision-makers, and responding to their expressed needs about which interventions are most effective for which patients under specific circumstances. CER seeks to make the selection of therapeutic options (by patients, their caregivers, clinicians, and policymakers) more informed – resulting in better decisions and ultimately improved health outcomes.
The aim of the master’s program is to provide individuals with the skills and knowledge relevant to conducting comparative effectiveness research for application in the pharmaceutical and health care industries. It is designed primarily for individuals already working in a pharmaceutical or medical product company, government agency, or in a health care provider organization, who would like to become competent in this new area of research. The program will be 100% online, making it convenient and accessible for working professionals.
- Fully-accredited and top-ranked college/program
- Internationally renowned faculty with research and field experience
- University top-ranked for online teaching programs
- No required campus visits
- 32 credit hour program
- Learn anytime, anywhere – 100% online
- Diverse student population
- Flexibility and ample course selection
- Progress at your own pace
After completing the program, graduates will be able to:
- Develop policy and patient-care relevant to comparative effectiveness and patient-centered outcomes research questions that, when answered, will address important gaps in knowledge and/or lead to improved individual and population-level health care decision-making.
- Recognize, design, conduct, and analyze CER studies that incorporate state-of-the-art methods, including both primary and secondary studies.
- Incorporate the stakeholder in conceptualization, design, and dissemination of CER.
- Apply CER studies in his/her work or practice site and to broader issues in health care such as health technology assessment and medical decision making
Who Should Apply
This master’s degree is ideal for people in:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Government agencies
- Health care organizations
- Public health departments