Application and Admission
Please check the UIC Graduate Admissions application site for the most up to date deadlines and requirements. The UIC PhD application typically opens in early August.
Note: the GRE is no longer required for admission to this program
Application Deadlines Heading link
|Fall admission||December 1|
Department Specific Requirements Heading link
In addition to the UIC Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants to the Pharmaceutical Sciences (PSCI) program must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field: Pharmacy, chemistry, biological sciences, or a related biomedical science area
- Grade Point Average: At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of undergraduate study
- Tests required: The GRE general and subject exams are NOT required
- Minimum English Competency Test Score*:
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based); 60 with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (New Paper-Based—after August 2018); 550 (Institutional Testing Paper-Based—prior to August 2018), OR
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56
- CV/Resume: Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Three required from individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s training ability, character, and potential for successful completion of the program.
- Personal Statement: Applicants are encouraged to state their specific interest in the program.
*If you are an international student and are not sure if the English language requirement applies for your home country, please check the UIC Admissions International Requirements page.