Application and Admission
Please check the UIC Graduate Admissions application site for the most up to date deadlines and requirements. UIC's PhD program applications typically open in early to mid August of each year.
Note: the GRE is no longer required for admission to this program
Application Deadlines Heading link
|Type of Deadline||Date|
|Priority Deadline (all applicants)||December 15|
|Final Deadline - International||February 15|
|Final Deadline - Domestic||May 15|
Department Specific Requirements Heading link
In addition to the UIC Graduate College minimum requirements, applicants to the Pharmaceutical Sciences (PSCI) program must meet the following program requirements:
- Baccalaureate Field: Pharmacy, chemistry, biological sciences, or a related biomedical science area
- Grade Point Average: At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of undergraduate study
- Tests required: The GRE general and subject exams are NOT required
- Minimum English Competency Test Score*:
- TOEFL 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based); 60 with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Writing 21 (New Paper-Based—after August 2018); 550 (Institutional Testing Paper-Based—prior to August 2018), OR
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores, OR
- PTE-Academic 54, with subscores of Reading 51, Listening 47, Speaking 53, and Writing 56
- CV/Resume: Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Three required from individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s training ability, character, and potential for successful completion of the program.
- Personal Statement: Applicants are encouraged to state their specific interest in the program.
*If you are an international student and are not sure if the English language requirement applies for your home country, please check the UIC Admissions International Requirements page.