MS CER Requirements
Actions Heading link
Requirements Heading link
Application to the University of Illinois at Chicago is required for admission to the Pharmacoepidemiology certificate. Besides submitting a completed application form and non-refundable UIC application fee, applicants must submit the following supplemental documents in order to be considered for admission to the certificate program.
Minimum Academic Requirements
An applicant must meet one of the following minimum academic requirements to be considered for admission to the Master of Science CER program:
- A post-baccalaureate health professional degree; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college
It is also recommended that students have experience in healthcare industry and college-level algebra.
- Transcripts – A copy or official baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate transcript(s) with degree conferred from an accredited university or college.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) – 2.75/4.0 for the final 60 hours of undergraduate study and for all cumulative graduate work previously taken.
- Personal Statement – A career-goal statement outlining (1) reasons for pursuing the Master of Science in Comparative Effectiveness Research and (2) career goals.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
International Applicants - Additional Information
- International academic documents that are evaluated by a professional credential evaluation service that holds membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), in lieu of transcripts, are also acceptable.
- TOEFL Scores – International applicants must present evidence of English competency. Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ 08540, must be sent to UIC. UIC’s institution code for the TOEFL is 1851. The test must have been taken within the last two years.