Guaranteed Admissions Programs
The UIC College of Pharmacy offers two types of programs that guarantee a PharmD Program admissions interview to prospective students: UIC's Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions (GPPA) and State Affiliate Programs (listed below).
We encourage interested prospective students to contact us at PharmD@uic.edu so we can set up a time to meet and discuss these guaranteed programs with you.
Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions (GPPA) Heading link
GPPA is a UIC program for exceptional high school seniors applying to UIC who want the security of guaranteed admission to a graduate or professional school while pursuing their undergraduate degree.
The program guarantees a number of UIC undergraduate students a seat in the PharmD degree program provided they maintains certain criteria during their undergraduate studies at UIC. The candidates must also successfully fulfill all our admissions and interview criteria.
Undergraduate students admitted to GPPA program must maintain their Conditions of Acceptance requirements that will prepare them for their professional school experience in the College of Pharmacy.
Learn more about GPPA
For additional information about GPPA for PharmD, please write to PharmD@uic.edu. Include in subject line: GPPA information request. And visit the GPPA website for general information for prospective students.
GPPA vs. Bachelor’s in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS)
GPPA is separate from the Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS) program, but students can be both GPPA and BSPS students if they are admitted to both. Unlike GPPA, the BSPS program does not guarantee admissions to the PharmD program.
UIC students who have GPPA are not required to major in Pharmaceutical Sciences/BSPS, however it is the only UIC major that will allow them to reduce the total time to the PharmD degree by one full year.
State Affiliate Programs Heading link
The UIC College of Pharmacy has partnered with Illinois universities and colleges listed below to form the State Affiliate Programs. These programs guarantee a PharmD admissions interview to exceptional undergraduate students who maintain certain academic criteria and successfully fulfill all admissions criteria.
- City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
- Eastern Illinois University (EIU)
- Heartland Community College (HCC)
- Illinois State University (ISU)
- Northern Illinois University (NIU)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
- Western Illinois University (WIU)
Admission Requirements to State Affiliate Programs
To be eligible for consideration for admission to a State Affiliate Program, prospective undergraduate students must:
- Complete a minimum of three, semesters (two at community colleges) full-time (minimum of 12 credits) of college coursework at their respective State Affiliate Program institution and have at least 4 full-time semesters (does not apply to community colleges) of coursework remaining in their program. Preference will be given to undergraduate students who have completed some pre-pharmacy coursework.
[Students who began their academic careers outside of a State Affiliate institution and are transfer students into a State Affiliate institution are not eligible for the State Affiliate Program. Only students who directly matriculate to these institutions from high school are eligible.]
- Have a minimum cumulative (all coursework) GPA of 3.5/4 at their respective schools.
- Successfully complete an on-site College of Pharmacy interview (UIC campus).
- Demonstrate expressed interest in the profession of pharmacy/healthcare through work or volunteer activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities at the collegiate level.
Contact us at PharmD@uic.edu for more information and application materials.
Conditions of Acceptance
If successfully admitted to a State Affiliate Program, a student must meet all Conditions of Acceptance to be eligible to matriculate into the UIC College of Pharmacy.
Conditions of Acceptance for: